We have a referral. We.Have.A.REFERRAL!!!!!
That alone would be awesome. But, it's mind-blowing how this came to be.
Here's the timeline for those of you playing along at home.
July 31, 2012: I read a blog that I read just about every day called "Ni Hao Y'all" I read the story, scrolled down and saw a little face and it literally took my breath away. Something flipped in me at that moment and I immediately forwarded the link to my case worker Tiffany. She agreed that this "Kate" was adorable but wasn't on the database yet, and advised me that the chances of adopting her were slim to none.
August: We moved. I continued to think of "Kate". Look at her picture, share her picture with people. Several people because I thought - goodness, if she is ours - if something flipped in me because she's ours - I want some witnesses because no one would believe this.
September: We continue to work towards finishing our dossier and home study update after we move.
October 2: "Kate" turns 1. We finish more paper pushing.
November 15: We receive immigration approval - the last piece of the puzzle.
November 22: I drive the Immigration approval to Madison to be state certified and overnight it to All God's Children (our agency).
November 23: Tiffany receives the documents and overnights it to Washington DC to be authenticated.
December 4: Tiffany receives our authenticated documents.
December 5: Tiffany sends our completed dossier to China for it to be logged in, a process that often takes 4-6 weeks.
December 7: Two other families with All God's Children are placed with referrals. They are open to congenital heart defects.
December 11: "Kate's" file is uploaded to the database of adoptable children in China under her actual Chinese name. There is no mention of the name "Kate". Tiffany is working late from home, sees her file, thinks of us and locks her file for us. It's midnight central standard time, so she decides to call first thing in the morning.
December 12: (12.12.12): 10:06am I get a call from Tiffany saying that even though the dossier isn't logged in, a little girl came on the database that she thinks we would love and asks if we would consider her referral. I say, "sure". The conversation went a little something like this:
Tiffany: This little girl was born in October 2011.
Me: gasp* - Is it her?!?!
Tiffany: what do you mean?
Me: Is it "Kate" the girl I sent you in July?!"
Tiffany: I have a Chinese name no american name let me tell you more about her but I doubt it. She was born with an esophageal (I interrupt)
Me: AN ESPHAGEAL ATTRESIA?! Oh my gosh it IS her!!!
Tiffany: yes - how did you know that?
Me: Is she in a foster home?!
Tiffany: Yes! Oh my... She also has a heart condition called... (I interrupt again)
Me: TETRALOGY OF FALLOT!!!
Tiffany: Oh. My. Goodness. Wait - let me send you her file so you can see her face.
***she sends the file***
Me: IT'S HER (I sink to the floor in tears).
Tiffany: Oh my goodness!!!! (tears)
There was much rejoicing. There was much tearing. There was in fact weeping most of the day. It was awesome.
Howintheworld.
Only God writes a story like this.
I learned that if "Kate" had been on the data base a few days earlier, she would have been referred to the other two families ahead of us. They both were open to congenital heart defects.
The several families remaining who are ahead of us "in line" for a referral, aren't open to congenital heart defects. But we are.
Had our dossier be done any sooner or any later - this would be a different blog post.
Here's what our agency sent today to their staff and to other adoptive families. You can read it here.
Our names are withheld - but the pictures aren't. :) Isn't she precious?
It's an amazing story of God's faithfulness, His providence, HIS TIMING...His teaching us that He is carrying us through.
It's just beginning.
2 comments:
Your story takes my breath away, beautiful! He is sovereign!
catching up and back reading. How absolutely amazing!!!!!! I love when God works His miracles!!! We were sponsoring Janie and were able to get her file as well, almost unheard of but not with God. She is such a blessing! I can't wait to follow along and can't with to see pics of your sweet girl!!!
Post a Comment