Monday, December 13, 2010

Unspeakable Joy

I'm convinced that there are things in life that are meant to be. Argue if you want, but I have seen enough examples in my own life to know that it's true.

Being a part of a team leading children back to the manger was a "meant to be moment" in time for me. Each year when I look back on how God's hand was on this show in an unmistakable way I am reminded of His majesty, His attention to details, and His providence.

As I fell asleep Saturday night, I contemplated which was better: watching children be immersed in songs that are so rich in their message of salvation and loving others...OR watching adults so obviously gifted by God come together to use those gifts intentionally to produce an excellent offering of Christmas celebration. I still can't decide which is better because to me, both are something to behold and I get the rare privilege to witness both.

"Back to what matters, back to what is real...It's time to get back to a savior who has come to free us...God's gift of life, the baby Jesus - the heart of God born in Bethlehem"

"Let us not Love with words, let us not love just by what we say. Let us Love with actions, let us love in truth...This is how we know what Love is - Jesus gave his life for us"

"Don't forget to love your neighbor - don't forget to love your friend...God's love never ends"

"I've never stopped to think about what a sacrifice God made...I've been really ungrateful. It's never too late to thank Him..."

Emmanuel has come...God is with us.

There's no greater joy than doing what you were meant to do and seeing others do the same.


No comments: