Sunday, February 12, 2012

One less...

Dear friends of ours are in China at this very moment. Last night, while we here in America slept, they met their new daughter on the other side of the world. One less orphan, one family changed forever. It's been such a privilege to follow their journey over the past year since announcing that they were adopting her. Just a year ago, our own journey was months away from its beginning. At that time, my heart still wondered if I too would be so blessed to know that joy and have a such a story to share about God's faithfulness and grace.

As I sat in church this morning learning more and more about God's grace I couldn't help but be moved by this scripture we were challenged to memorize:

John 1:16 - "From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."

God's grace isn't deserved. By its very definition grace is a gift. No one deserves grace. I certainly don't. Yet, out of His profound love for us - His adopted sons and daughters, He gives us grace and blessings, one after another.

Yesterday a beautiful 5-year-old woke up an orphan. Today she is a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin...

There is one less orphan in the world today. From the fullness of His grace she receives one blessing after another.

1 comment:

Jessemyn said...

So privileged to be part of your journey, dear friend. And one day to rejoice when we get to say of Grace, "ONE LESS!"