Goodness...
May is tricky. Apparently, I am not the only one who nearly self-destructs during the month of May. I've encountered several people wearing the same pained expression I either feel (but cover with a pleasant smile) or wear honestly while surrendering to the fact that all of the balls I've tried to juggle are starting to get closer and closer to hitting the floor. *Bounce -oops - there goes one.
Don't get me wrong - there are many things about this month that were precious and sweet and wonderful. It's not that I regret the things on the "to-do list"or the calendar...its just that I could have, should have, wish I would have done a better job of planning and enjoying the journey. Sigh...practice makes perfect? What doesn't kill you makes you...stronger? Women are like tea bags. You don't really know their strength until they're in hot water.
I'm ready for June. May has nearly turned my hair (back to) blonde. I'm ready for having fun with my kids and deciding what "special thing" we should do from day to day. I'm ready for grilling out. I can't wait for the freedom to *not have get up early. I look forward to watching my daughter pitch a change-up strike. I'm ready to dream about our bucket list of things to do and cross them off one by one. I'm ready to get some things done around here that I've been putting off until I had "free time". I can hardly wait for a good kite day to fly a kite with my son. I'm so ready to enjoy time with family, time with friends, sand volleyball, and sunshine.
I'm hoping that by the end of summer our adoption paperwork will be safe and sound in China...and just maybe by then we will have a photo of our little one and know about her. If not - at least we will be a little closer than we are now.
It's almost here...6 days until June.
No comments:
Post a Comment