We moved.
We moved because God moved.
He really really moved.
I like a plan. I like to plan. For example, I like to know who's coming on what day at what time so I can plan to feed them. It doesn't even matter how many people come...as long as I know ahead of time so that I can plan.
We had a plan for our big move. We had people lined up - many more than we needed.
At the 11th hour - that plan fell through. It fell apart. There really was no plan.
It was one of the best things I've ever experienced in my entire life.
I'm deadly serious.
All of our dearest friends didn't show up - but a few did.
All of our family couldn't be there. But a few were.
The truth is - there were more complete and total strangers in our old house loading and packing our things into borrowed trailers. People I had never met entered our house (our old home), introduced themselves, and said things like: "I heard you needed help from _______...I heard your story and I wanted to be part of it."
I'm not kidding.
Part of the baseball team from a local college showed up.
Some random college students from a different local college came.
People we've never met from our church, who don't know us, helped.
The coach of the baseball team talked to Robert who shared with him why we were moving, and our story of how "Grace is changing everything" and went home and shared with his wife that he wants them to pray about adopting too.
Still not kidding.
Sometimes being planned and organized is important. It's efficient. It's good. Sometimes.
But, other times when things don't go as planned and it's completely out of your control -
well...
the reality that God IS in control is highlighted in ways it typically isn't when we control things.
When I control things.
There are actually more stories - more obvious evidence of God moving as we moved. Maybe I will blog about them someday. We literally left tears on the kitchen floor of our old house - it wasn't an easy time - but the best things in life aren't often easy.
Today we are at home. It isn't a home filled with memories, yet. Certainly there are some, and we are making it into our home and it's lovely, and I see God's fingerprints all over the place. Everything just fits here. Things we've had for years that we didn't have a "place for" - fit here.
Upstairs at the end of the hall is an oddly shaped room with hideous wallpaper and carpet. I love it.
It's Grace's room :) (for those of you keeping track - the lantern that Maddie made is up in the closet of Grace's room).
Our social worker comes tomorrow to update the home study and check our our new home. I'm hopeful that when Thanksgiving comes - we will have a face to put with her name.
Tomorrow is a very special day. More about that...
tomorrow.
2 comments:
You are one special lady Amy Sprengel!!! Thanks for sharing your journey that God has blessed you with. I love hearing what He has accomplished and how His plan is ALWAYS so much better than ours:) hugs to you and your growing family!
love.
Post a Comment