"Come to me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional, and spiritual. Rest in the comfort of My presence, remembering that nothing is impossible with me. Pry your mind away from your problems so that you can focus your attention on Me. Recall that I AM able to do immeasurably more than all you can ask or imagine." Jesus Calling
In the last 10 days we have made some progress in our hurry up and wait stage of adoption. On February 5th our dossier was logged in. When we accepted our referral on December 13, they put our dossier on hold until we received "PA" (Pre-approval) because this would route it to the special needs line faster than if it had sat in the giant line of Chinese adoptions. Now that we have a "LID" (log in date) we can request that the rest of this process be expedited in light of Grace's serious heart condition. So over the past week we've collected three letters: 2 from pediatricians and one from a pediatric cardiologist all affiliated with Children's hospital of Wisconsin. They have written on our behalf and state in their professional medical opinion that it is in Grace's best interest that she be home with us as soon as possible to receive the best care and be united with her family. These letters and a formal request letter from our adoption agency will be emailed Monday to the CCCWA (Chinese Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption). Once they have reviewed her case, medical history, and our letters they will decided to grant our request or deny it.
As it stands now, without an expedited process we are looking at travel in July or August. If our request is granted we could travel late April-June. Obviously we are hoping for sooner than later.
Also, we received word that Grace's lungs are finally clear which is the last piece needed for her to have surgery. During Chinese New Year no surgeries are scheduled because it is a week (or 2 week long) holiday. She could be scheduled next week or the week after as long as her lungs remain clear and she remains healthy. So, in the span of days - we were brainstorming the "what if's" of surgery in the USA when we bring her home, surgery in China if her lungs clear, traveling in May, traveling in August, so very many things in my brain and on my mind. No wonder I've had a dull (and sometimes not so dull) headache every day this week. It's a lot to think about. It's a lot to pray about. It's exciting one moment and unnerving the next.
This morning I read the words above from the devotional, Jesus Calling. If you know me, you know that the truth that "Nothing is impossible" means something personal to me. It has been in songs I've taught little ones at Christmas time, it has been a theme over this adoption. If you know me, you know that I have come to believe that God is not random. He is not about coincidences. He is purposeful, personal, and He is intentional. It is we who have such a small view of God that find it easier to believe in chance, coincidence and randomness, rather than allowing ourselves to dare to be awed by His majesty, His awesomeness, His intentionality, His attention to detail, and His intimate knowledge of us and what matters to us. The message of the devotion today was not lost on me. There are moments of profound weakness because I'm completely unable to have my way in our situation. I can't schedule a surgery and I can't beg the Chinese government to hurry it on up already! I am weak imagining all of things that could go "wrong" in my mind and it plays my emotions like a fiddle. In those weak moments I'm reminded to rest in the only comfort I can truly rest in. I'm reminded to remember what I have already been taught time, after time, after time: Nothing is impossible with God. Out of the hundreds of thousands of orphans in China - the referral we received was the one we already so loved. Truly - nothing is impossible.
I do have to "pry" my mind away sometimes so that I can focus. Can you relate? The word "pry" does not give me an image of effortlessness. It speaks to using force to pull something apart.
God is able to do more, immeasurably more than we can even ask or imagine. My imagination is top notch. I don't want to brag....but...I can imagine the beginning, middle and end of a possible scenario pretty fast - and usually it's not at all to my benefit.
So, as we wait and as you think of it - would you pray that we would have peace over what God already knows is the next chapter in our story. I am praying and believing that Grace will have the surgery she needs in the place and on the day that is best for her. I'm praying that we will see her face to face as soon as possible and not a moment sooner or later than what is best for all of us. I believe that is God's plan, I believe that is His will. I need to pray that my heart and my will lines up with His. If you would join us in that prayer - we would so appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment