Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas with Grace

I think we did it all…
We found the perfect tree on a beautiful winter day...
Managed to get a family picture where we were all sort of looking...
We let Grace help carry the tree off the lot…(ahem)

We decorated the tree and enjoyed the process...
…and remembered to keep Christmas about Jesus.
We reflected on last Christmas when all we had of Grace were photos...
…and rejoiced that now we have *her*.
She fits right in with the silly...
…and breathes new life into our traditions.


What could certainly be overwhelming for her, was taken in stride.
I guess that's what being "so loved" will do for you...
…and my, is she ever loved.
Who could resist a girl who is so resourceful as to use a skirt for a plate. I mean, really.

Merry Christmas, my sweet pea. You have certainly turned even Christmas (and every day) upside down with your silliness, spunk, and contagious giggles. 

Happy New Year to all of you! 2013 was a wonderful, challenging year for our family filled with moments of joy, sprinkled with moments of difficulty, but above all blessed immeasurably. I wouldn't change one single thing of from this year. It has definitely shaped all of us and we are so grateful for the support and prayer from so many all over the world. 

May your New Year be one that challenges you and draws you closer to Jesus. In Him is where true joy and hope is found, and it never runs out. Not ever. 




No comments: