The clinic appointment went well. Grace didn't even really get *that* upset and for all of the poking and prodding she's had, I was happily surprised. She weighs in at a whopping 16.5 lbs and measures 27 inches long. Such a peanut. 12 month size clothes are roomy on her tiny little frame and we loooooove how light she is - we carry her as much as she lets us (which is almost all the time).
After the clinic we had a very lazy and laid back day. I caught up with blogging. Robert took the older kids to play tennis and then swim for a bit. After Grace woke up we got to play. Just us. No Daddy, no Maddie, and no Jake. It was really kinda nice...
She loves playing with stacking cups.
When one gets away from her she scoots on her botton. Here she is mid-scoot. It is the cutest little scooting you've ever seen.
She plays peek-a-boo with anything and everything...
We pretended to have coffee...or tea (I guess, we are in China after all)
Then she discovered the coffee table/shelter that is the perfect size for her.
Daddy and the older kids returned she entertained as usual...
This is how she tells us "no no no": she waves her tiny finger at us and shakes it back and forth.
I can hardly believe it's been a whole week since we first met. There have been so many moments of joy and worry and excitement and terror - I have a feeling there is more of all of it in our future.
One thing I know for sure - she's absolutely worth it all.












No comments:
Post a Comment